At your recipes page, select “Create Recipe”.
Title and Trigger
These are LANnouncer-independent. For this example, using the Alexa channel and setting a simple voice trigger is probably easiest.
For the Action, you will be issuing a “web request”. It can be a Post or a Get.
If a GET, use the form:
- The configured-email matches the value in LANnouncer
- The device name similarly matches the value reported in LANnouncer
- This allows you to target different devices easily
- The normal LANnouncer commands (ALARM=SIREN, SPEAK=HELLO WORLD, etc.) are URL-escaped…
- Equals (=) becomes %3D
- Space ( ) becomes %20
- The server is, as shown, lannouncer.keybounce.com:1036
Content and Body
No Content or Body are necessary if sending a
Obviously there was a lot more to getting all of this to work, on the back end, but that should be all you have to do to trigger LANnouncer with IFTTT.